Panasonic GX9 still a good buy?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
guzzi850m2 Regular Member • Posts: 328
Panasonic GX9 still a good buy?

I am thinking about getting one with the 12-60mm.

Can get one in Denmark for about 1000$ with the above lens included.

I still have the cameras in my gear list and I love them all for different reasons.

The XP1 served me well on a holiday trip to Rome 2 years ago with the 18-55mm and the X100T was used as well. Both those Fuji's are really nice to use and the IQ is excellent for my needs, I smile every time I use them.

The little Sony Rx100 mk3 is also quite good but a bit fiddly to use but I don't get the pleasure using it as the Fuji's but it's a little powerhouse alright.

Since I need reading glasses to see the screen clearly, I am using viewfinder almost all the time and I am a left eye shooter so I need the viewfinder to the left on the body so I at least can use the function buttons/wheel on the right side of the camera.

I had my sights on the Panasonic cameras for a while and I think the lens line up is quite attractive so I am very tempted pulling the trigger. I gonna keep my Fuji gear that was mostly bought used and the little Sony is getting old and I don't know how much more I will get out of it.

I generally like/prefer small cameras with good IQ and good handling, X100T is about perfect in size for me. I don't like traveling around with a bag of lenses but max 2 (1 zoom & 1 fixed small lens).

If I get the GX9, I will likely be getting one of the 14 or 20mm f1.7 lenses later for light set-up and night photographing.

Thoughts?

guzzi850m2's gear list:guzzi850m2's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
Fujifilm X100T Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow