Fujifilm Marketing Dilemma? FULL FRAME $300 Less than X-T4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Il Mostro Regular Member • Posts: 318
Re: Fujifilm Marketing Dilemma? FULL FRAME $300 Less than X-T4

Steve W wrote:

ikaika777 wrote:

Entry level (Z5. 675 g. CIPA image stabilization rating 5 stop(s). 4.5 fps. Battery life 390 shots. Focus points 273.) vs professional level (X-T4. 607g. Stabilization up to 6.5EV. 15 fps mechanical shutter. Battery life 500 shots. Focus points 425.). Fuji also makes cheaper mid level cameras X-E/X-T20-30 paired with smaller lenses for a small lightweight street/travel rig. The sky is definitely not falling.

So your right a camera like an X-T30 might be a better comparison but two things the Z5 does provide are the two card slots and IBIS. Will Fuji provide a $900 - $1200 body with those added?

Don't get me wrong there are many features the X-T4 that I own offers that I really like. I also use FF mirrorless though and at the 20-26 Mpixel point its getting really difficult to compete. Key though is here Nikon did not give video features the best seat at the table which for me is fine. I wonder how much a X-T4 would cost if you just left out video? Any guesses?

According to Nikon, the Z5 also achieves the same degree of dust and moisture resistance as the Z6/Z7, which is another point of differentiation compared to the XT30.

Il Mostro's gear list:Il Mostro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D +36 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow