Oly Em1-ii & Em5-ii Screen Protector recommendations?

Started Jul 21, 2020 | Questions thread
SDreamer Junior Member • Posts: 35
Re: Oly Em1-ii & Em5-ii Screen Protector recommendations?

I have the afunta brand on my em5-ii and it's good enough for protection and clarity. Glare is an issue, but that's why we have an EVF (horrible though for reviewing outdoors though). I do have that issue of it not closing all the way, but you will get that one any glass protector because of the added thickness from them. It will still flip around to protect, you just won't feel that subtle click to know it's firmly shut (it will stay shut though).

So when I got my em5-iii, I wanted to not have that issues and tried the anti-glare from Expert Shields. That was not a good experience, and I don't know who to blame honestly. It would just constantly bubble up on the edges and corner, but it was like because the glass was not totally flat (they do use a rather thin piece of glass so any anomalies on the edges could flex the glass I think) or maybe the edges weren't cleaning cut. I ended up getting another generic glass protect (I think afunta again) for my em5-iii and it's basically the same experience; it protects will, it's clear, adds glare (due to added thickness giving a further distance from screen to glare surface), and it doesn't firmly shut (but still closes).

So I wouldn't worry so much about which you get as they seem to all function the same, especially with the lack of different brands for Oly systems. I really do wish they had matte glass options though (you can find some for phones these days).

SDreamer's gear list:SDreamer's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow