Sigma fp: What's the Point of 12bit DNG RAW? One is True HDR Video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
tagscuderia
tagscuderia Senior Member • Posts: 1,695
Re: Sigma fp: What's the Point of 12bit DNG RAW? One is True HDR Video

Hi Mark, your response to Ted was utterly uncalled for and comparable to a previous thread’s response to myself. From what you've written thus far, it appears that you yourself are learning, and excited about the SIGMA fp, which is great but your replies are confrontational − if people bother to take the time to reply, I'm sure that it's to help you or to educate themselves.

One small technical remark: Cinema DNG does not have a colour space per se i.e. Rec. 2020, and the gamut of the fp may or may not exceed that of Rec. 2020. It is our job as photographers/graders to interpret the data to fit within the confines of our output medium, just as you're doing with LDR and HDR.

Will you be upgrading your display for editing HDR? When I last upgraded, most displays advertised as HDR... were not e.g. DisplayHDR 400

P.S. I preferred the Black Point in your LDR video but it's a compelling comparison! I have calibrated my TV, separately for both LDR and HDR.

tagscuderia's gear list:tagscuderia's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow