Noise: Exposure vs ISO?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 2,179
Re: Noise: Exposure vs ISO? and Exposure compensation adjustment

Panasonics G80 zebrastripes are too quick for my taste.

I found out that when the stripes apear there still is recovery possible in raw.

I would be happy if it's popping up when 95-99% wellfill is reached just before unrecoverable clipping is reached by the exposure like a true ETTR.

And effectively you underexpose the image. This evening i will post the images to  show this.

I can setup the appearance moment but it's not close enough to raw clipping which i would have. And i read somewhere that the histogram is bound to the colorspace for jpeg. So i did set my  camera on Adobe RGB for the ooc jpegs and histogram output to be as wide as possible.

Panasonics option iDyn works better as a form of auto correction on ETTR.

This feature is using EVcompensation in -1/3 -2/3 -3/3 which also is aplied to the rawfile while the contrast adjustment is only applied on the ooc jpeg. It's compansates in 1/3 stops exposure when it reaches the clippingpoint, probably the same system as zebrastripes detection.

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow