Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
TheBlackGrouse
TheBlackGrouse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,377
Re: Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

jayrandomer wrote:

TheBlackGrouse wrote:

Yes, that makes sense. It may be a risky strategy though. Camera shop managers see many Canon users switch to other brands because Canon keeps its customers in the dark.

Canon isn't losing market share. So presumably as many leave as join or come back.

In my case, last year I wanted to buy a 500 prime but didn't do it because of the uncertainty about 5DV and 7D3. So now I have money for a new camera and a very expensive tele lens. Switching is becoming more and more easy.

What are you waiting for, exactly? Is there something the 5DIV and 7DII don't have that you expect their theoretical replacements to have?

The 7DII is still good but I don't see myself shooting with it my whole life. The 5DIV is great but I need a full frame with more megapixels, fast AF and many FPS.

Being a Canon fan, I don't want to switch but I don't want to be forced to buy things that are a step backwards like the current EVF.

You won't be forced to buy anything.

Well, Canon forces us, the customers to go mirrorless while there are groups of photographers that are not satisfied with or simply dislike the EVF. In a way we are forced if there are no successors for the 5DIV and 7DII.

In fact a 5DV with the R5 sensor, a bit more frames per second and better AF is enough to replace both DSLRs. It will be more expensive than the 7DII of course but it must be possible to give it a price somewhere in between.

-- hide signature --

TheBlackGrouse

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow