I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Snap Happy Senior Member • Posts: 1,218
Re: I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

Lens_Goat wrote:

Never seen the lens this cheap.

I've been shooting landscape for years and I've never owned a 16-35 equiv lens. Only time I've shot ultra wide angle on a mountain is with my new iPhone 11. I don't know if I'd get the 10-24 and wonder how I ever lived without it or I'd still gravitate towards my 16-55. Some of my favorite English landscapers make fine use out of their 24-70 equiv.

Do you think it's nuts that I haven't gotten the 10-24 as an avid landscape shooter?

I'm also wondering if the 10-24 will be updated as Fuji has promised us one zoom lens will be refreshed.

I had the 10-24 then sold it a few years back.... which I kind of regret and just recently hankered after a wide angle zoom, so got the Canon 10-18 (I already had a Fringer).

Bottom line though, the current 10-24 offer (in UK) is very good, many dealers have used examples at higher prices then the net price of a new lens after cashback, so it feels like if you changed your mind you wouldn't lose much on resale.

Unless, of course, the rumoured MKII zoom is a 10-24 replacement (which might explain the heavy discount), then the used price will likely tumble.

But, it's still a good lens at a great price, so may be worth getting.

Snap Happy's gear list:Snap Happy's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dht
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow