Glad I waited...the Z5 is officially here

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ShutterDude Contributing Member • Posts: 837
Glad I waited...the Z5 is officially here

Well, I've been planning on getting the Z6 for over a year now, but with the release of the Z5, I'm glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon back then.

The Z5 is almost everything I'm looking for - first of all, I don't video shoot, I don't need a more weatherproof body, and secondly, I wasn't a big fan of the single memory card slot, or the XQD form factor.  Don't get me wrong, I really like the XQD format and need the speed for wildlife shooting with the D500, but don' t need that fast write speed for the purpose of a FF camera and its use.

The Z5 doesn't have a top LCD display, which is a bummer, but I will try and 'live' without.  It doesn't have Back Side Illumination as well, but don't think the impact will be that significant.

I like the 3 inch 24-50mm 'kit' lens that comes with it - nice and compact body and lens for travelling.

I perhaps will wait just a bit longer and wait for the free FTZ adapter promotions that they have offered for the Z6 and Z6 bundles....

Feels great to finally get off the fence!

Cheers

Nikon D500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow