I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
athensGA Contributing Member • Posts: 521
Re: I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

Lens_Goat wrote:

Never seen the lens this cheap.

I've been shooting landscape for years and I've never owned a 16-35 equiv lens. Only time I've shot ultra wide angle on a mountain is with my new iPhone 11. I don't know if I'd get the 10-24 and wonder how I ever lived without it or I'd still gravitate towards my 16-55. Some of my favorite English landscapers make fine use out of their 24-70 equiv.

Do you think it's nuts that I haven't gotten the 10-24 as an avid landscape shooter?

I'm also wondering if the 10-24 will be updated as Fuji has promised us one zoom lens will be refreshed.

It's a very versatile lens, and though not officially waterproof it is pretty rugged. I'm not much into exploring the optical qualities of lenses but i've been generally pleased by this lens' output. I do general purpose photography, but mainly street. I've pretty much lived my 'career' at 28-50mm eq but was really excited and inspired at what new things the 10-24 has allowed me to do. Here are a couple examples of 'street' shots i could have never gotten with a 35mm eq lens. If i had to choose one fuji lens this one would be on a very short list. Your flickr photostream has some really solid landscape photography, btw.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/83702654@N07/

athensGA's gear list:athensGA's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dht
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow