I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
TheWhiteDog Contributing Member • Posts: 511
Re: Have the 14mm maybe will get the10-24...

I have the 14mm, fantastic lens, unlike the 10-24 optically corrected for distortion, which is why comparing the two on Optical Limits doesn't make sense. Optical Limits does not use in camera corrections when evaluating sharpness so the 10-24 is going to be less sharp in the corners in real life(have to you the in camera corrections to get rid of the distortion).

However, the difference between 10mm & 14mm is huge and I've certainly seen some great images taken with this lens, I'm sure stopping in down a little will help. I passed on the 8-16mm deal mainly because of weight and the need to spend so much more on a filter system(still not sure I made the right move doing passing on that lens) so I think I'll go for this deal as it's a really good one and will open up more photographic opportunities for me. But I'll never desert the 14mm, I really have so,so much respect for what it can do-highly underrated gem of a lens.

TheWhiteDog's gear list:TheWhiteDog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dht
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow