I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
dht Regular Member • Posts: 236
Re: I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

I've used the 10-24 for nearly 2 years, and can say that it is a high quality, versatile lens. When shooting outdoors in good light, I often bring just 2 lenses -- the 10-24 and the 50-230. Between these two I feel like I can cover every kind of shot.

Image quality wise, I find the 10-24 very sharp up until around 20mm or so, where it gets ever so slightly softer. If you're not pixel peeping, I don't think its a big problem however. There are times that I wish it were faster than F4, but most of the time I can make due.

The lens focuses quickly, and the IS makes it very good for video. I do wish it were weather sealed, which it probably should be for this price. Its not the smallest lens by any means, however its not huge either. I find that it feels somewhat lighter than it looks.

I did consider primes (14mm, 16mm) for wide angle, but decided to go for versatility over wide aperture and ultimate sharpness. So far I've been happy with that decision.

dht's gear list:dht's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a6400 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dht
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow