henrikbengtsson Senior Member • Posts: 1,413
Re: maybe the best thing about Canon R5/R6

Maxxum Fan wrote:

henrikbengtsson wrote:

Maxxum Fan wrote:

henrikbengtsson wrote:

Maxxum Fan wrote:

shootrawww wrote:

is the comeback of the older Canon color science I've come to love (5d ii, 5d iii, 6d, ...)

(besides all the other cool new features of course)

Taken from a video I found on youtube previewing the R cameras.

Color science doesn't exist it's how the WB is

I wish DPR wouldn't have talked about this, it's pure myth and very misleading

Yes there are differences in settings even kelvins, results from cameras are almost identical when processed

Except that there really is a difference.

Not really I've shot 40 bodies since 2005 and I can say that the biggest difference is the WB, even identical settings are not always the same, but the differences are tiny. Color science is a myth DPR invented it just doesn't exist in reality

Is it a confirmed myth, or a myth because you don't see any difference?

You don' think Phase one spent millions of dollars on the TriChromatic CFA in order to achieve the most accurate and pleasing colors if it was just down to a quick WB shift do you?

Or that Canon has experimened with their CFA over the years in order to prioritize mid-orange in most scenes to make skin look as good as possible (that said, some other color trade-offs had to be accepted)

But it doesn't matter really. If you've had 40 bodies and haven't noticed and color difference, then we have very different color vision so I don't expect this discussion to go anywhere. No offense...

But sure, in somewhat neutral daylight or in a controlled environment like a studio and a custom camera profile for each camera, you can of course make many cameras look more or less the same. But for many photographers, that is not reality.

Seems like snake oil to me! lol

Okey...? Good one....

No offense but I'm talking raw not jpeg profiles which of course do differ

RAW, yes.

Until we get 3 color layer sensors with good low light ie organic sensor etc, the entire color science debate is kinda like snake oil it's just not reality for raw shooters.

II'll raise that with Phase One. Their targeted RAW shooters have been fooled all along Clearly the CFA only has an impact on JPEGs

henrikbengtsson's gear list:henrikbengtsson's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow