I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 4,088
Re: I feel I kinda have to get the 10-24...

chLens_Goat wrote:

Never seen the lens this cheap.

I've been shooting landscape for years and I've never owned a 16-35 equiv lens. Only time I've shot ultra wide angle on a mountain is with my new iPhone 11. I don't know if I'd get the 10-24 and wonder how I ever lived without it or I'd still gravitate towards my 16-55. Some of my favorite English landscapers make fine use out of their 24-70 equiv.

Do you think it's nuts that I haven't gotten the 10-24 as an avid landscape shooter?

I'm also wondering if the 10-24 will be updated as Fuji has promised us one zoom lens will be refreshed.

Hi, I am thinking the same. In my previous Nikon days I had a Sigma 10-20, so 15-30 equivalent. I used it a lot, including places, such as in Patagonia, where the scenery cried out for a wide angle.

On changing to Fuji, I initially got a 18-55 plus the 14/f2.8.  The 14 does not get a lot of use, although it was useful in the Alps last year, paired with the 18-55.  Now, having bought a 16-55, the 14 gets even less use as the difference in angle is less obvious to me.  With the cashback deal (£270), I am considering trading the 14 for the 10-24.  The 14 is a superb lens, but I am sure I would use the zoom more.

I assume you have seen Andy Mumford's YouTube on the 10-24. His opinion is pushing me towards it. I have until the end of August to decide, when I believe the cashback offer ceases.  Yes, it is possible the lens will be updated, but it will still be a good lens even if there is a Mk II and the latter's cost would be much higher (likely to be a higher retail price and no cashback).  If there is a new version in the pipeline, but who knows, I am sure that Fuji would be astute and not announce a Mk II until after the cashback period ceases.

As an aside, I had been watching a used one (described as mint) on eBay (in the UK), which sold last night for £15 more than a new one with cashback and without all the normal new protections.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dht
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow