Calling X-Pro3 users - should I get one after all?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
TheSloth
TheSloth Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: Nobody addressing the reality that...

Truman Prevatt wrote:

Checking the facts - Leica in fact sells a M10 without a display, the M10D. While you might feel instant review is positive - maybe even necessary - that does not mean someone else does. Looking at the display means taking ones eye off the scene and paying attention to the camera instead of capturing a vision. No thank you. I can look at them later.

I didn't know about the M10. But it appears that they went the whole hog, and gave a smartphone app to change camera settings. And this does validate my point, there is not much discussion about the (complete) lack of a screen.

Nowhere have I said that others must also review their photographs "instantly". I merely mentioned that it is something that a majority of photographers tend to do, and that our attitude towards 'chimping' w.r.t. the X-Pro3 is mainly because of Fujifilm marketing.

This blinding fan-boiishness is a bit too much.

TheSloth's gear list:TheSloth's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R XF 90mm Phase One Capture One Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow