Calling X-Pro3 users - should I get one after all?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: Calling X-Pro3 users - should I get one after all?

VicFerrari wrote:

+1 to everything stated. This is why after six months of use I sold my X-Pro3. Just an overall frustrating experience. Plus changing settings in the menu was a pain. I previously owned both the X-Pro1 and X-Pro2. I tried to convince myself that I liked the X-Pro3 but it was just denial on my part. Too many compromises - unnecessarily. Purchased the X-T4 and love, love, love it. Looking forward to the X-Pro4 - maybe.

I tried the X-Pro3 twice now (in the shop, and outside on their parking lot) with my 18/35/50mm combo. I mainly use the OVF, and only review images in batches (when there is a quiet moment), so I don't care about the missing LCD screen.

But why oh why change the OVF! It was perfect on the X-Pro2! I know the viewfinder itself is bigger, so the area of the 35mm and 50mm is probably the same as on the X-Pro2. But it doesn't feel that way. Let alone that, with the 18mm, you have to see those distracting yellow corners all the time now!

On the one hand, Fujifilm made the rear screen less useful for those who used it (not a big thing for me). And at the same time, they made the OVF less useful! What were they thinking? A hipster EVF camera, with an OVF as optional add-on?

I really hope they do better for the OVF users in the X-Pro4.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow