Calling X-Pro3 users - should I get one after all?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
TheSloth
TheSloth Forum Member • Posts: 94
Nobody addressing the reality that...

Nobody is addressing the reality that reviewing photos immediately on the EVF or rear screen after snapping them is actually very useful. This one feature has improved my photography and technique. By mocking this activity and calling it "chimping" is almost like behaving in a racist manner.

Irrespective of the design choices by Fujifilm on the X-Pro3 (and our efforts to justify the decision) - and I own a X-Pro3 (before somebody calls me a troll) - this is still an important feature in contemporary digital cameras. It is precisely controversial in the X-Pro3 because of this, and many are uncomfortable with it.

Fact is, the ability to review photos instantly is a great feature, just like auto-focus, or auto ISO, or auto white balance, or panorama photos, or anything that modern digital cameras offer, other than the three (ok, maybe six) basic controls, carried over from the film era.

If Leica had done this nobody would bat an eyelid.

TheSloth's gear list:TheSloth's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R XF 90mm Phase One Capture One Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow