a6400 focus point in the center

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
maccam
maccam Senior Member • Posts: 1,290
Re: a6400 focus point in the center

burevestnik wrote:

Dear all,

I have Sony a6400 and like it very much. Unfortunately, I have a problem, for which I cannot find a solution myself.

What do I have to do with my Sony a6400 to have focus point always in the center? By always, I mean always, at least in P mode.

I used to have Canon DSLRs and there is a setting to "glue" focus point to the center of the screen, and it was always there!

The similar setting exists in Sony, but even if I set Focus to the center in the menu or by using Fn button, the next time I try to shoot, it moves usually to the lower right corner or sometimes somewhere else. I can bring it back to the center by touching touchpad, but it is not productive and cumbersome.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I don't have a 6400 but I do have a 6500 and a 6600. They both have "focus area center". I tried and I cannot get it to move off center even if I turn the camera off. there's got to be something you have set that's interfering. I don't know what that would be. You could chose flexible spot and then never move it.

JAW

maccam's gear list:maccam's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a5100 Sony a6500 +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow