Nikon B700 jpeg, raw, AI sharpen

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeoHiker New Member • Posts: 17
Nikon B700 jpeg, raw, AI sharpen

I've been using the Panasonic GX85 for the past few years with a 100-300 mm lens but decided to switch to an ultrazoom, as I'm starting to do some long distance hikes and want something that's more versatile, lighter weight, with a longer reach. I was lucky to find a used Nikon B700 for cheap on EBay.

I knew that the B700's smaller sensor wouldn't match the micro 4/3 sensor of the GX85, but at least the B700 had raw capture. After testing the B700, I'm happy to say the final results using raw images processed in combination with Topaz AI Sharpen and Luminar 4 has given me results I'm happy with. Processing the jpegs created overly sharpened images. I'm far from an expert using photography software, but here's my first pass at tweaking:

I printed a 8 x 10" version of the photo below and the raw version was nice and clean, while the jpeg version had lots of artifacts.

Nikon Coolpix B700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow