Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,786
Re: Panasonic body w/ Olympus lenses

Albert Valentino wrote:

Old Timer63 wrote:

nickels25 wrote:

Old Timer63 wrote:

I have the G9 and as has been said the 40-150 works a treat with the IBIS in fact as I have said on this forum before it is fast becoming my most fav lens and combo of all time. It is nice to have the IBIS for sure but that lens is absolutely stellar with it`s close focus capability it`s my go to lens for flowers and butterflies period and it should be in every bodies kit bag.

You are referring to the Oly 40-150 f2.8 correct?

Yes, sorry should have indicated the pro

I have/had both the Oly 40-150 lenses. The non-pro 40-150r lens does not have good close focus ability, but IQ is well above what is expected at that price point. The 40-150 Pro is, as mentioned above, has very good close focus mag, 0.2x, which makes it fantastic for flowers and butterflies - which is what ai used it for most of the time before I had to sell it. I was able to get more mag, 0.3x mag, on that lens with the Oly 1.4x TC. If you love shooting flowers this is the lens. Just zoom out to 150 to get a narrow FOV and shoot at or near wide open and get a nice subject separation.

-- hide signature --

Yeh, Albert, the lens (pro) is superb for flowers, I have the 1.4 but to be honest I don`t need it for flowers because I can crop a touch anyway. It is a very universal lens in so many ways but the icing on the cake is the superb IQ.

Dave

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
AV`s https://www.youtube.com/user/OldTimerEbikes/videos?view_as=subscriber
Stills http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow