How do you cope with Reds in colour Anaglyphs, please?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP tony brown Veteran Member • Posts: 4,260
Re: How do you cope with Reds in colour Anaglyphs, please?

threed123 wrote:

You can use stereomaker from www.stereomaker.com. You can also tweak the color in left and/or right to get the best color from glasses. ColorCode is actually blue and amber(ochre), which they have tweaked slightly and patented for "full-color" 3D, though it is clearly not, but at least you will get the sense that it is. The glasses are very dark, and they use a lighter shade of blue/yellow on the image. Don't be fooled by their patent, it's still basically blue and yellow--the amber/ochre allows more colors through. They used it on photo displays, advertising, and TV shows, but never really caught on. From a distance, you will think you are seeing a normal color image, but when you put the glasses on you see it in 3D. They used to do this by adding a little blue and yellow that kind of disappears from about 5-10' back. The glasses are dark, though, and you need a bright light on the image. Same with the TV, you need a bright image. You can do the same by creating 3D blue/yellow stills--anaglyph jpgs, and save them to a memory stick and plug into your TV and show them that way. I have done that with red/blue. I have some yellow/blue glasses and will experiment with them this weekend and see if I can duplicate the "full color" image they talk about. It's just a matter of getting the color right.

Amazon had the color-code glasses: https://www.amazon.com/ColorCode-TM-3D-Glasses-Pairs/dp/B001ROY6GW/

You can see that the amber side is very dark.

I got some glasses OK but could not open 'www.stereomaker.com'. Got a '404 Not Found' reply. I found Stereomaker v2.5.1 to download but it was from August 2000 so perhaps they are no more? The download turned out to be an .hqx file which IIRC is for Mac OS, not Windows (mine).

I find that viewing ColorCode 3D stills is best in a darkened room and the colour is quite acceptable in the Red and human skin range.

Thanks for all your advice.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Tony.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Turbguy1
MOD Turbguy1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow