Calling X-Pro3 users - should I get one after all?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 12,044
Re: Calling X-Pro3 users - should I get one after all?

Jazz1 wrote:

Regarding the "hidden" LCD. I purchased an XH-1 after the XPro-3. I've turn the XH-1's LCD off for most photos! Thank you XPro-3 for brining me back to the "old days" of film like fun! I think the LCD was just slowing me down in most situations.

Of course you can just do what I did, shut-off the LCD on Fujifilm cameras. But, it took the XPro-3 to wake me up to this.

Depend on what you are doing - the turning your attention to the LCD will in fact cause you to miss interesting should you could have gotten if you were concentrating on the subject matter at hand.  Two places equestrian sport or I expect any sports.  Concentrate on the events unfolding in front of you not on a small TV screen.  There is time for that after the action is over.  Second is on the street.  The beauty of the OVF on the street is you see outside the frame and can pick up queues of how the scene in unfolding and on the street the decisive moment - you don't normally get a lot of warning and it's not going to wait till after you get your nose out of the LCD.

With the Pro3 I never have to take my eye off the scene and I can even do a quick menu change and it is quick because I don't need to worry about the view mode button merry go round.

-- hide signature --

_____
"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow