Calling X-Pro3 users - should I get one after all?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
hendriximages
OP hendriximages Regular Member • Posts: 262
Re: GFX50R vs Pro3

debo wrote:

If you mostly shoot in low light it may not be a bad deal given the low light AF improvements. Photonstophotos place the X-pro3 ahead of the GFX50R.

In good light, the 50R+50 is a wow and you will miss the output, especially after the new firmware upgrade.

yes if the light is good the images from the GFX50R are fantastic. BUT and that's a big "but" which leads me to trading it in: I lose around 3-4 stops of light when photographing the same low light scene with the GFX vs. my X-Pro2 or X-H1. 2 stops to get to the same effective depth of field, 1-2 stops to counter motion blur (due to higher MP count). So in total let's say 3.5 stops. The GFX has a higher high ISO tolerance of around 1 stop, so we end up with a 2.5 stop deficit which means for me no hands free photography in the twilight zone. and to be honest the image quality improvement is not "that" dramatic ... see here

-- hide signature --

http://www.hendriximages.com
Where Shadows Fall, There's Light !

hendriximages's gear list:hendriximages's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow