maybe the best thing about Canon R5/R6

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dexter75 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,403
Re: maybe the best thing about Canon R5/R6

shootrawww wrote:

Dexter75 wrote:

Shootrawww is right and so is Irene. Most of us portrait shooters know the EOS R colors are not as good as Canons prior cameras. I dont like them at all and chose the RP instead because the RP tones are warmer and more Canon-like. Here is another video that shows just how bland the R colors are for portraits. Typical Canon portrait colors are closer to the Fuji in this video. He has a handful of these videos that show the same thing. Thankfully both the R5 and R6 look much better and more like classic Canon colors for portraits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mANQVayUunM

Thanks !

I really love Canon for their great reliable camera's and the R, RP and 6d II disappointed me, not because of their features because it's more then enough for me, but their disappointed colors and no I could never tweak it the way i wanted, files always have that ugly '6d ii /R / RP' look mostly..

The RP is a tad better but not like old canon like 6d, 5d iii etc

The M50 on the other hand did have very nice skin tones !

Yep. I have to set the WB on my RP to cloudy to get the warmer skin tones I could get on my 6D and older Canon DSLR's. The newer sensors have leaned much cooler and I dont like that. This looks like a return to the classic colors.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow