With rumors of a Z8, where does the Z7 fit in?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
astirusty Senior Member • Posts: 1,137
Re: With rumors of a Z8, where does the Z7 fit in?

tommiejeep wrote:

Not Len, but for a specific shoot, an hour

To fully understand the impact of all possible changes, longer, but there are some things I rarely/never use so would look into those as I know I will need.

You got to what I experienced early on with Z7.  Before a specific shoot, it didn't take very long to work through firmware changes to menu system for shoot as planned.

Issue was shoot setting changed right before shoot was about to start.  Forcing me to go through changed menu system looking for settings which needed to be modified ASAP.

To be upfront about this.  I am not a Professional photographer, the shoot I was doing was for free.  But it involved high ranking Military Officers, who had fixed schedules for the day's meeting.

Leading back to why I say a Professional camera's Menu system (or UI) can not undergo major layout changes with firmware updates, which requires Professional to re-learn UI.

astirusty's gear list:astirusty's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jfw
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCB
NCB
(unknown member)
FKS
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow