New challenge host needs help !

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Bill Thoo Regular Member • Posts: 217
Re: New challenge host needs help !

Look at a couple of recent threads in the Challenge Discussion forum, and you will see that I have been enbroiled in a sometimes quite bitter debate about this.  I have raised you exact philosophy about the challenges.  These are low stakes, fun competitions run by volunteers.  There is a large cohort of challenge participants who are very militant that the challenges are very very very serious, and the criticism is extremely intense and personal if you don't agree as a host or entrant.

To one extent this seem bonkers for the reasons you and I agree on above.  To another if that's what the community demands, then maybe that's what they should get.  I can't deliver a super serious challenge with over zealous administration, so I have decided to retire from hosting.  It's a shame as my intention was to provide a creative diversion for some folks were in lock downs.

Good luck, my friend, if you are sticking to your guns on this, but brace yourself for a rough ride...!

Bill Thoo's gear list:Bill Thoo's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony a7R II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow