If you have X100T and you care about stills and not video, you will not get much by moving to X100V

Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SemK
SemK Regular Member • Posts: 124
If you have X100T and you care about stills and not video, you will not get much by moving to X100V

I am long time happy user of the Fuji x100T. it is great camera, simple to use , with lots of manual control, the one thing I was not happy about was the focus speed. So I bought the X100V.

The X100V is not a totally different camera, but if the previous models were focus on still photography this one is supposed to be good for video as well, which I do not use. other things in the camera I am not planning to use

- touch screen - disabled it completely.

- face detection and all the focus points.

- tilt screen

- i miss the 4 way controller

- q button position is not comfortable

the battery, i was hopping to use the batteries I have from my Fuji X-T1, but they are not optimised for X100V, and there is a message on the screen telling you these are not optimal for fuji x00v.

On the image editing side.

I use a relatively old stand alone version of lightroom, so the RAW file can not be edited in this version for that i purchased Iridient X-Transformer, and that changes my workflow.

Bottom line - IMO - If you have X100T and you care about stills and not video, you will not get much by moving to X100.

SemK's gear list:SemK's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Fujifilm X100V
26 megapixels • 3 screen
Announced: Feb 4, 2020
SemK's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
DBE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow