Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
txsizzler
txsizzler Senior Member • Posts: 1,756
Re: Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

TheBlackGrouse wrote:

txsizzler wrote:

The only reason there was a 1DX Mark 3, is because Canon knew there is a solid enough professional base, that depends on the tried and true form of that professional line of cameras, not to mention it's ergonomics, long battery life, and more.

Canon, are you listening?

The only reason there should be a 5DV, is because Canon knows there is a solid enough photographer base, that depends on the tried and true form of that line of cameras, not to mention it's ergonomics, long battery life, OVF and more.

The only reason there should be a 7DIII, is because Canon knows there is a solid enough wildlife and sports photographer base, that depends on the tried and true form of that line of cameras, not to mention it's ergonomics, long battery life, OVF and more.

With the exception of battery life, Canon DID listen to it's user base, by designing the R5/R6 largely with the DSLR counterparts in mind. Canon would be foolish to release more versions of it's enthusiast Full Frame DSLR counterparts, with it's heavy investment in the R mount. Perhaps it is you that is unwilling to accept the change that is forthcoming, and are holding out to what would be a largely niche product line with a continuation of the 5D/6D/7D series of DSLRS.

I own the 5D Mark IV, and use it in my real estate photography business. It does more than enough for me, and my needs for my business. That said, I can completely respect the fact that Canon is moving on to its mirrorless mount for support, and the company's future with it's imaging division. I also applaud Canon for waiting for mirrorless technology to mature enough where the company would be satisfied with releasing these newest full frame camera bodies, giving them the apparent edge with their respective technologies.

txsizzler's gear list:txsizzler's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot S50 Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S95 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow