Nisi vs B+W

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
PWPhotography Forum Pro • Posts: 10,625
Re: Nisi vs B+W

MarcoE wrote:

RichardLarssen wrote:

MarcoE wrote:

I currently own the Nisi 100mm filter system (several ND filters + Polarizer & V5 pro holder).

The complete set is rather heavy and I wonder if I lose image quality if I switch to B+W sure on filters (67mm).

Anybody experience with both filter systems ?

Google Kase magnetic Filters. Great for what you need. As good as Nisi but they are magnetic and more durable, tempered glass. Neutral in colors.

I am a Ambassador for Kase Filters. Been using B+W filter also before.
Some videos here(not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LRVlVKXcb0&feature=emb_logohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wljlcGIyz-Q&feature=emb_logo

Regards Richard.

thank you Richard. The system itself looks promising and seems much easier to handle in terms of usage and weight indeed. As you are an ambassador for Kase i am not convinced yet that these filters are as good as the Nisi quality. But the only way to find out is to try i guess..

I only can speak myself. I like Kase thin holder but I still bought 82mm Breakthrough x4 ND filters that I trust. Kase included CPL works fine which I don't use much anyway. I still can use my old Lee GND, Singh-Ray reverse GND that bought years ago.

I chose BT 82mm ND filters are 1) slide-in high-stop ND filters more or less will have light leak; 2) high-stop slide-in ND filters have sponge straps at edges that cannot slide into slots; 3) It likely has a bit vignetting a 16mm/F2.8 from 16-35 GM with slide-in ND filter. I still can mount the Kase holder on top of the ND filter via 82-88mm master magnetic adapter to use together. Also thru the same adapter, I can use its magnetic CPL on the lens or with ND filter together even without holder itself.

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow