Nikon B700 4k video

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP GeoHiker New Member • Posts: 17
Re: Nikon B700 4k video

Yeah, Steve, I miss the mic (and headphone) input.  And touchscreen would be great.

I've been testing out the 4k video and, overall, I'm quite happy with it.  The video is nice and sharp but not oversharpened.  Lowlight footage is a little softer, but it's clean, not noisy.  The autofocus is quick enough and smoothly transitions from one focus point to another.  Same thing with the autoexposure.  I also like that I can lock down focus or exposure.  I have to practice with the manual focus, though.  I wish I could change the colour for focus peaking and that the gridlines would be displayed while recording.

My used camera didn't come with a manual but I was able to download it now I see the Electronic VR mentioned in my post above is a digital stabilization and can only be used with 1080p footage.  So the optical stabilzation in 4k is not the best, even at the widest focal length.  From now on, I'm going to use a monopod with a mini fluid head and that should improve things.

So bottom line, the B700 offers nice, bright, sharp 4k footage.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow