What phone for macro?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tommydog35 Forum Member • Posts: 89
What phone for macro?

I am looking to cut down on the amount of kit I take when camping and just being able to take a phone would be great.

I will almost exclusively use the phone for taking macro photographs of flowers and sometimes fungi. The purpose of these photos is to ID specimens when back home. As such, the photographs don't have to look arty, but as I need these photos for ID, they need to be sharp and be able to resolve small detail. I don't plan on showing my photos to anyone else, but they very much need to reflect the detail for ID. The phones I have tried in the past (all be it a few years ago) did not even come close to a cheap Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm lens on a Panasonic DMC G80 for detail.

What phone options do I have available these days?  I am not keen on anything Apple, so I would welcome other suggestions.  I am not worried about any other feature that the phone has, my only concern is being able to take sufficiently detailed photographs

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow