With rumors of a Z8, where does the Z7 fit in?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
astirusty Senior Member • Posts: 1,144
Re: With rumors of a Z8, where does the Z7 fit in?

jfriend00 wrote:

astirusty wrote:

Menu system / controls needs to evolve, made easier to use.

Firmware needs to mature. On two occasions, Z7 would not allow selection of menu function, until a factory reset was done.

Those last two are general usability and bugs, neither of which has to do with being a "pro" body or not. Those should be fixed regardless.

My point is pros are not going to go for a camera with a still evolving menu system, whereby they miss shots, become distracted, or waste time digging and fiddling around due menu changes.

Same with a camera with a flaky operating system or OS for a new line of cameras which hasn't proven itself to be reliable.

Can you imagine a pro saying: Sorry I got new NiKanOy ZM11 and it locked up.  Give about 5-minutes to do a factory reset and re-load of my settings; then we can continue the Wedding.   Make that 10-minutes, with the last firmware update, the menu system changed, and I can't find factory reset.

astirusty's gear list:astirusty's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jfw
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCB
NCB
(unknown member)
FKS
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow