Image Stabilization

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 17,472
Re: Image Stabilization

JerseySailor wrote:

SQLGuy wrote:

I suppose... but we can't even get Sony to turn off EFCS at shutter speeds where it becomes a problem.

SQLGuy,

Could you kindly elaborate a bit more on this issue? I routinely shoot BIF with my A7rIV and 200-600mm at 1/1000, 1/1500 and 1/2000, and was not aware of an EFCS issue, nor of shutter speed issues.

It's in the documentation for your camera.

Note

• When you shoot at high shutter speeds with a large-aperture lens attached, out-of-focus circle produced by the bokeh effect may get cut off because of the shutter mechanism. If this happens, set [e-Front Curtain Shutter] to [Off].
  • When a lens made by another manufacturer (including a Minolta/Konica-Minolta lens) is used, set this function to [Off]. If you set this function to [On], the correct exposure will not be set or the image brightness will be uneven.
  • When you shoot at high shutter speeds, the image brightness may become uneven depending on the shooting environment. In such cases, set [e-Front Curtain Shutter] to [Off].
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow