A7RIV hot shoe problem. Hensel strobe wizard plus not working!!

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kilombo New Member • Posts: 5
A7RIV hot shoe problem. Hensel strobe wizard plus not working!!

Hi,

We (company) just bought the A7RIV and we loved everything about it but we are having a problem connecting a remote trigger to shoot our flashes.  We are using Hensel Strobes and we use the Strobe Wizard Plus to trigger the strobes. I used the A7III without any problems however the remote trigger doesn't work on the 7RIV.  At the moment I'm connecting a sync cable to the camera directly to shoot the flashes but I want to be wireless.

I read somewhere online that the new hotshot is different (connection wise) than the previous cameras, is that true? Because it handles microphones now.
I bought a Pixel TF-334 (shoe adapter) and it doesn't work either! seems to me the round connection on the hotshot has been disable.

Oh, one more thing that really puzzles me, if I connect YounGnuo YN560-III it works on the hot shoe....My only guess is that the YN560-III has a metal connection and the Strobe Wizard from Hensel is plastic.

Try to call Sony but because of the pandemic they are close, B&H has online support how come Sony can't?

Anyways, I thought of trying this forum for help, any help.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this long message.

George

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow