I’m still not sure how to proceed!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
nonicks Regular Member • Posts: 467
Re: Lens Test

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

nonicks wrote:

Canon Veteran here too. I remember the old time when one of my main cameras was 30D with 17-55/2.8 IS ( The other was 5D). I believe I had used the sigma 15-30 and later Tokina 11-16 on it for ultra wide purpose. There was no Samyang option then but the sigma was not very expensive if I remember correctly. Tokina was about $600 and I really love that lens.

I got the 40D on launch day. Bought the 17-55/2.8 IS from dell.com using a really awesome stacked coupon deal. Favorite combination back then.

It is nice to see a number of EF-s and L zoom ultra-wide options plus third party options come out since I left Canon APS-C.

A friend of mine went 50D with 18-135/3.5-5.6 IS because he wanted a fast focusing snapshot camera that was better than the superzoom compacts. The 18-135 eventually died. I permanently loaned him my X-T1 with 18-135. He loves film simulations and has been using that combination for the last two years.

You are an awesome friend!

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow