5D vs EOS R - Longevity?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MGrue Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: 5D vs EOS R - Longevity?

alexportrait wrote:

Thanks all. I think I'm tempted to just stick to DSLR.

I don't like the idea of an EVF.

I like that mirrorless is lighter and more portable - but I hate the less robust handling of the camera.

I just really wish the 5D IV (or a future 5D V) had those 45-50mp that the new R5 will have. That would be really important for my work. I can find the resolution on the 5DS or 5DS R, but lose some functions like wifi and better video that are important to me.

Honestly I take close to zero care of my camera. I love it but I don't have the patience to take care of it. I don't have any fancy dehumidifier, any special case, I don't do regular cleaning or anything. And it's still like new. And it's old. I highly doubt that would happen with a mirrorless system.

MEH IDK

Unless you like totally mechanical film cameras, at some point the electronics will give out.

I had an original EOS 1D that I used forever and finally the sensor or the PCB went out. I mean, it's going to happen whether it's a DSLR or a mirrorless. Yes, even an 1d.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow