What's badly needed now ...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jwilliams Veteran Member • Posts: 5,471
What's badly needed now ...

What's badly needed now is an R camera for PHOTOGRAPHERS.

I've read so many articles about how the R5 is such a great deal given that it has 8K video. Maybe so. I would have no idea and so do many others.

Well, here is a newsflash Canon, some of us actually take still photos and do not care about video.

The R5 is simply overpriced if you do not do video (and more specifically high end video). There are equally or more capable still cameras from other makes for less money.

While the R6 is a nice $2K camera masquerading as a $2.5K camera, its 20MP will fall a bit short for a lot of photographers. It is too close in price to the high res cameras from other makers. Those who shoot landscape or maybe wildlife and want a bit of extra reach/cropping capability out of their camera have better options from other brands.

It's very hard to make the case to replace my R with either an R5 or an R6.

So while I am sure the R5/6 will sell like hotcakes for a while due to having features like IBIS that have been MIA from Canon for years, there is a need for a more do it all stills oriented camera.

I'd think this was a natural and that the R MII (or R7/8/9/whatever) with IBIS and updated 30-36 MP sensor is close to heading into production, but this is Canon and I don't feel good making that assumption.

Oh and please update the RP with a more modern sensor. Don't touch anything else. The R6 sensor would work fine there. It if only shoots 2 fps I'm fine with that. For me you can leave video off it, or even cripple the video if you feel the need to differentiate it. I'll not complain at all - I promise.

Anyone else feel similar?

Jonathan

Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow