Saying goobye Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 8,882
Saying goobye

I'm mostly leaving M43 and moving to Sony. This has nothing to do with what's going on with Olympus but more to do with my health, On May 31 I went to the ER at the local hospital to have a look at a nasty infection on the left leg. Hospital did some lab work and felt I had a silent heart attack. I was kept under observation with nothing being done on the leg. I checked myself out over strenuous objections. The next day both my primary care and cardiologist are giving me the third degree, I'm telling them to look at my leg. Once both doctors saw the pictures of the leg (virtual visit) I was given a script for antibiotics. Blood work indicated heart muscle damage and kidney failure. It took 12 days to get someone to physically look at my leg. I'm still going through tests but now the cardiologist feels I didn't have a heart attack but congestive heart failure (build-up of water). I had a rapid three day 17-pound unexplained weight gain prior to leg getting infected. Still going through more tests. May need a stent or bypass.

Anyhow, I started thinking that I had way too much equipment, decided to unload most of it and make a switch one final time. I have a Sony A6400 with a 70/4.0 and 70-200/4.0. Camera sucks but the focusing system is out of this world. I decided to get the Sony A9 Mk II with 24-105/4.0 and 100-400/4,5-5,6. The 70-200/4.0 will be used on the A9 Mk II, I did keep my GX-8 with the 8-18/2.8-4.0 for group shots,

I realize I lost a lot of back-up capability and I do not know if the A9.2 will handle the load for the ACS Philly Bike-a-thon, but seeing I don't get paid for my work I really don't care. I got what makes me happy.

I'll still be doing my volunteer work once there's a vaccine is developed for the coronavirus that is developed and if effective. I will be looking in from time to time but mostly as an observer. I have two members of this board that I'll be keeping in touch with. Anyone else who wants to keep in touch please message. There were some people here that hate me, quite a few more that tolerated me, and a few that even like me. Best of luck to everyone.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a6400 Sony a9 II +5 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow