Trying to decide if the 16-55 will meet my needs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
col4bin
col4bin Contributing Member • Posts: 986
Trying to decide if the 16-55 will meet my needs

So, I was shooting with a Sony A7RIII before moving to the XT3 at the end of 2019. I loved the photo files but wanted a smaller overall kit with more affordable lens options. I wound up getting the 16/2.8, 23/2 and 35/2 as my prime kit and the 10-24/4 and 16-80/4 as my zoom kit. The 16-80 is fine as a general walk around lens but when I scope out a scene for land/sea/city-scape, I want the lens that is going to allow me to capture the best possible image as I often find myself in places (well, before covid at least) that I likely won't be returning to. I feel that the 3 primes outperform the 16-80 however I am wondering if I should consider the 16-55 for those planned shoots where I may want to use different focal lengths but conditions may not be optimal for a lens change. Is this even worth considering? The 8-16 looks great but too but the inability to use my filter system is a deal breaker.

I know fuji just had a sale and that is OK...I am in no rush. I am sure additional sales will come soon enough.

col4bin's gear list:col4bin's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow