D7500 which super Telephoto? 150-600, 100-400 vs my AFP 70-300

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Aston Senna Junior Member • Posts: 47
some practice and samples today

here's a couple examples of me playing with the lens today at work. I'd normally just use the dx 70-300 but brought this big old thing just to use it for the sake of using it

I had the in camera auto fine tune at +5 i think for all these shots. This front shot up close at 150mm wide open is TACK SHARP. wow, go in on the badge (where i put my focus point) and then also the headlight detail at 100% is incredible

this one at 300mm (again, single focus point on the badge) is good i think, but definitely not tack like the former. so some fine tuning i think to be done.

and this this last one at 400 is pretty meh. looks good until you peep.

So seeing the potential of this thing when it nails focus at 150, i think i just gotta really spend time going back and forth on dialing it in using the sigma dock to get this pupper nailed in.

I will say, having it in my camera backpack where it barely barely fits , with my d7500, the 70-300, a 12-24 , af-p 18-55 and 35 dx, that backpack becomes pretty heavy. I like bringing the 18-55 with me because it weighs virtually nothing and is so tiny, but main reason is it is super good for macro. I think it has over .40 magnification, probably the cheapest sharp good macro lens you can buy for a DX nikon!

Aston Senna's gear list:Aston Senna's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow