Autofocus - Fuji vs Sony (and others)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jason Harris New Member • Posts: 17
Autofocus - Fuji vs Sony (and others)

Do you think it is possible for Fuji to ever catch up to Sony in the autofocus/eye autofocus department, or do you think it is never going to happen due to factors such as limitations with the Fuji sensor or their lenses?

I am a longterm Fuji user (x-pro 1, x-pro 2, x-t1, 2 and 3) who has loved using the Fuji system for over 10 years but for a few specific situations (such as capturing action, being able to rely on eye autofocus or for low light situations where flash was not an option and I’ve had to shoot at 6400 and above) I’ve mostly been disappointed with the results.

That is not to say I don’t love my Fuji’s. The user experience is wonderful, and the quality of imagery in good light rivals anything else out there but with every new iteration and firmware update I always live in hope this will be the magic bullet to bring things up to speed against the competition.

I was going to purchase the x-t4 for the same reason but after reading quite a few reviews now it looks as though not much has changed In these departments so am now thinking maybe it is time to finally move to another system even though I would rather stick with Fuji.

I’d be very interested to hear others points of view on this subject to help me come to a decision.

Many thanks,

Jason.

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow