Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 7,602
Re: Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

tbcass wrote:

I've driven cars with reverse like that. I'm so old that when I learned to drive manual transmissions were at least as common as automatics. I learned on manual so for me a manual transmission is "intuitive".

I learned on automatic, but my sister had a manual transmission car so I had her take me out and teach me how to drive manual.

So when it was time for my first car, I had no trouble going for a manual transmission car. Back then it was cheaper, and I found it more fun!

Intuitive?

I don't know.

If no one showed you how to drive a manual car and there was no manuals . . . would you be able to just jump in and drive away? Or would you need to fiddle with the controls until you figured it out? LOL.

First thing you had to do in the old days was push in the clutch or else the car wouldn't start.

And then you had to get the feel for where the clutch started to grip, and the balance of giving it a bit of gas.

And then the feel of what gear to drop it into as you slowed down.

I don't know if it is intuitive or something you just learn.

But in the end . . . if you have fun at it, who cares if it is intuitive or learned.

As long as it works just have fun!

Take care & Happy Driving!

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow