Editorial Input : The Need For Objective Analysis Locked

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
SB1956 New Member • Posts: 8
Editorial Input : The Need For Objective Analysis

Any chance DPR could start to exert some long overdue editorial review of the contents posted on some of these Forums, not least those in the FourThirds area, where many of the contributors seem hell bent on posting nothing more then inflammatory remarks, the purpose of which have more to do with promoting a particular brand, or desirous of fostering a format war, then encouraging the love of a shared interest and the dissemination of accurate information.

In truth, the majority of camera’s on the market today are more than adequate for the majority of users. Those with specific needs, should know what system is most likely to meet their requirements . In my own case, I decided back in 2009 that the most important feature for me was lens quality and portability. This led me to Olympus and I have continued to use their equipment ever since. I am perfectly aware of the systems strengths and its weaknesses and have no desire to visit the other users forums on the site to attack  their choice of equipment. Nor do I want to consider purchasing a full frame system to replicate the reach and flexibility of my Olympus equipment, the cost of which would be three times more than my Olympus equipment and considerably heavier. For those who do wish to spend their money in this way, I respect their dedication and wish them well.

Regards,
SJB.

SB1956's gear list:SB1956's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow