***Mini Challenge 593*** Minimalism in nature

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vitalisvitalis Forum Member • Posts: 92
***Mini Challenge 593*** Minimalism in nature

The theme for this mini challenge is minimalism in nature (in both B&W or color). Make sure that the image is uncluttered and contains enough negative space. In order to have more visual appeal, simplify the scene using the Gestalt theory. Having won an artistic challenge on this forum, I am also looking for an artistic presentation - share your best creative work.

The rules remain as in the previous challenge:

1. There is a maximum of 3 Entries. There are no limits for Exhibits. State in the title of your post whether your post contains entries or exhibits. Any images not clearly labelled will be deemed exhibits.

2, Only Entries will be considered for First, Second and Third Place. Only Exhibits will be considered for Honorable Mention. All entries and exhibits will be considered for Dishonorable Mention.

3. Photos must have been taken by you and can be from any make of camera or cell phone. Any form of processing, including HDR and composites, is acceptable, but remember that I am looking for art, not the "wow" factor.

4. Post all images using the "Reply to Thread" button below this first post.

5. This Challenge will be judged (no doubt unfairly) strictly on my own personal vision of art and what I subjectively like and dislike. That said, technically poor images will probably not make the cut.

6. This Challenge will close at 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time July 20, 2020.

7. The First Place winner has the "privilege" of becoming the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to post the new Challenge. The winner can respond to me with a forum post or PM. If that individual does not respond or create a new Challenge within 3 days, or declines to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

8. Please follow all the regular DPReview in terms of only "family oriented" material, no more than 10 image per post.

Below is a sample of the image I am expecting to see. It comes from my Periyar photo series that contributed the image that was announced to be the Grand Prize winner in the last competition:

Looking forward to seeing your best shots meeting the criteria set our above.

Vitalis Nakrošis

vitalisvitalis's gear list:vitalisvitalis's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III Sony a7 III Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow