Nikkor 35mm f2 Af-D

Started 4 weeks ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AbstractTim
AbstractTim New Member • Posts: 20
Nikkor 35mm f2 Af-D

If you are a cheapskate full frame shooter (like me) then this seems the obvious 35mm prime lens to own. When I got my D700 I first used my 35mm f1.8DX lens (from D7000) with DX Auto-Detect turned off in menu. The 35dx has a decent projection circle so it works quite well for semi-wide portraits & interiors if you're not to fussy and don't shoot wide open.

I got a good deal on a used 35mm f2D and it's fine. It works well on the D3x and D3s and the Nikkor alternatives are very much more expensive and the Sigma and Tamron 35's aren't particularly cheap. It's the go-to 'bang-4-buck' solution for Nikon 35mm prime. I paid £160 for mine - the Tamron 35mm f1.8Vi is gonna cost over twice that and the various 35mm f1.4 alternatives start at £450 used and upwards. Nikkor 35mm f2D -what's not to like?

AbstractTim's gear list:AbstractTim's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D3S Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +3 more
Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D
Wideangle prime lens • Nikon F (FX) • 1923
AbstractTim's score
Average community score
Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon D3S Nikon D3X Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow