Can the EOS R do anything other then FF that beats the X-T4?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,100
Can the EOS R do anything other then FF that beats the X-T4?

Simple question. I know the new Canon EOS R5 has a lot of high end video potential and a very nice high density sensor but lets for get about that.

In the Canon community there are a lot of people liking the EOS R6's lower price and think its will be better for mainstream video. But how does it compare?

Only starting to do some comparisons of the specs between the X-T4 and the EOS R6 where it appears to me that only the sensor size for full frame is its advantage.

Both have IBIS (and of course it will be awhile before the perfromance differences are understood).

Both have two UHS-II card slots and the same EVF and Rear LCD resolution

Both have full articulating touch sensitive screens but touch menu control is different

EOS R6 is 20.05 Mpixels and the X-T4 is 26.1 Mpixels

EOS R6 is 12 FPS vs X-T4 of 15 FPS

Not exactly sure how to compare the video recording formats but both are 10-bit internal recording with LOG I believe.

Sure the ergos are different but that will be a personal preference.

I believe the build quality of the X-T4 is better but not sure the EOS R6 is bad in any way.
Also XF vs RF lenses.

Oh and the X-T4 is only $1699 vs $2500 for the Canon. So does that make the FF vs APS-C sensor an additional $799?

So that is what I know of the top of my head. What do others think.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R III Canon EOS R Sony a7R IV +41 more
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Fujifilm X-T4 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mzk
Mzk
Mzk
Mzk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow