Suggestions for macro/micro lens until native Nikon Z mount lens is available?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Optical1
OP Optical1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,111
Re: Suggestions for macro/micro lens until native Nikon Z mount lens is available?

Ernie Misner wrote:

Optical1 wrote:

Hi all,

I have a baby on the way, and I can’t wait for the Nikon native z mount option. I’m really just looking for a good lens to do some tight detail shots and I figure a macro lens fits the bill. This lens will complement the 24-70/2.8 and 50/1.8 lenses that I already have.

While I would prefer autofocus (when using as a close focus non macro lens), it’s not a prerequisite for this purchase. I’m really looking for a lens to tide me over until the z mount option is available from Nikon.
So far, I’m considering the Sigma 105/f2.8 HSM lens (f-mount, as I have the adapter), the Nikon 105/2.8G (f-mount) lens, and the Meike 85mm/2.8 lens in z-mount.

With the price of the Sigma 105 now, that would be an excellent way to go. Your focus range would not be limited like it is with tubes, and AF is a real plus. Focus will be deadly accurate taking it right off of the Z sensor.

I’m okay with spending some money to get a lens with good IQ, but I’m also trying to be somewhat frugal here so I don’t take a bath when I upgrade to the z-mount macro lens.
Please share with me your suggestions for a good macro lens for this application.

Thanks!

Optical1

Ernie,

Thanks for the advice.  I ended up going with the rings for now, but you’re correct the Sigma appears to be a great deal right now.  Depending on how I find the tubes in use, I’ll keep this lens on my radar.

Kiel

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow