Emotional compulsive shopping VS. Concrete needs : HELP ME

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
to avalon
to avalon New Member • Posts: 3
Emotional compulsive shopping VS. Concrete needs : HELP ME

Hello, everybody... This is the first time i write here, because... I'm french (and i don't eat froggs! but i like cheese and wine ). So, excuse me if my english is not "perfect".

I started photography 6 years ago, with a Nikon reflex D3200 and the zoom kit lense that someone gave me. I knew nothing about iso, aperture etc... etc... I rapidly got lost, don't knew what to shoot, how to shoot etc... So i basicaly copied people, try to imitate what they did, also with lightroom etc... I mean, digital photography is a huge world, almost infinite possibilities, especialy in post-treatment.

The more i did, the more i was disappointed with myself, i didn't like the camera the pixels etc... I wanted something more basic, more simple to learn how photography works.

I sold my modest gear et bought a film camera : a CANON A-1 with a 50mm 1.4, a developing tank, few chemicals and few rolls of 400iso B&W films. Till this day i never walked without it, i also bought a 24-35mm 3.5 zoom and a 200mm 2.8 (never used a lot), and later a Canon T-90.

I learned to find myself, being aware of myself to be more accurate about what appeals me.

Here exemples of the modest images i do without any prentious mind : https://www.flickr.com/photos/137772626@N06/

I'm not an action shooter, more like wait and shoot, taking time adjusting exposure etc... I'm NOT a street photographer (i like nature or empty streets, night walking)

I also don't like to pass time in post-production, i usualy adjust around -15 or +15 in settings that i touch, and most of the time.... i take long time to remove dusts from the image!  but now... i'm a little tired of developing films... wait for a finished roll... removing damn dusts etc....

That is why i want a FUJI CAMERA !!! Great Jpegs with great film simulations, great design, setting dials on the camera body, aperture ring on lenses, great low light capabilities (i like to shoot at night). I passed an entire month every day, taking informations on fuji lenses, cameras, compulsively eating every youtube's videos, reviews etc....

I'm young and don't have a lot of money. I have got a 3000$ budget for a camera + lenses.

The focals that i use the most are in FF equivalent : 24, 35 and 50mm.

Because of my budget i can't afford me the 16 1.4, 23 1.4 and 35 1.4 same time.... 

weather sealed or not?

i d'ont know which camera to choose between X-Pro3 and X-T4... the X-T4 seems the most complete, great for videos, can do all the x-pro 3 can do. But i have to admit that the rangefinder contax style is very sexy and will fit very well with the ef-x20 flash....

I will propably rarely use the video mode.

Also it is a good idea to consider the 16-55 2.8 as a anlternative of fixed lenses for a enthusiast photographer like me? how does it fit with the x-pro 3?

help me please.... with a 3000$ budget what is the most RATIONAL choice to do? i'm becoming crazy, thinking about it every damn hour. DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow