** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 12 JUl - 18 JUL**

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,103
Craving Falls and Rainbows

Hello Everyone,

At 104 F. today where I live I crave cool and clear. You may recall a few weeks ago I posted this photo of Skógafoss on our way towards Vik in southern Iceland. We spent a little extra time not only observing the incredible mist and rainbows but also climbed to the top and beyond just to see where the water was coming from. BTW be sure to view original size. I downsampled to about 2000+pixels on the longer side.

The closest we could get right at the top of the falls wasn’t a great view but the mist did produce a double rainbow There was a metal rail I couldn’t get around so content aware fill was useful.

No I didn’t have a ND filter to silky smooth the water but the next image shows thr water just before it decides to go over the fall. Again, the mist allowed a nicely defined rainbow.

Moving further upstream one sees a common occurrence, numerous small falls….can you see them all? Perspective is gained by looking right at the many people walking the trail. And yes there are a couple of sunbathers near the river…..

And finally, up the stream a little further looking west across the wider fall. More of the same walking further but we needed to check out Vik, one of the few town names we could actually pronounce! Yes, it would have been better at sunset or sunrise but considering sunset was about 11:30 and sunrise about 3:30 we settles for daytime photos

Keep ‘em comin’

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D X +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow