Reliabilty of m43 mirrorless cameras

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Isola Verde
Isola Verde Veteran Member • Posts: 9,700
Re: Reliabilty of m43 mirrorless cameras -- GX1

jf_tea wrote:

Isola Verde wrote:

Emsquared wrote:

I just got a G85 and the PZ14-42 is pretty nice on it with EFC shutter, It was good with GX-7 E-shutter too.

I see from the separate thread that you're well aware of its shortcomings when mounted on the cameras of its day.

I happily got rid of mine, along with both GX1 and G3, but am glad to hear you've found a way to make use of yours!

Peter

GX1:

I've never observed shutter shock fuzziness when I use the GX1+20/1.7 or with 14/2.5 -- (I am not denying other users might have noticed SS with some lenses).

Even with the 100-300 at 300mm, the GX1 was ok. But, I might just have been lucky. ... I sold my 100-300 anyway. Because I found the FZ150, and, then FZ200 more convenient (because smaller to carry when in a canoe or when hiking) -- yes, I am lazy.

Not sure you were lucky, you simply chose a wiser option than the ill-matched - and rather pricey - pairing I had the misfortune to pick as my introduction to M43...

"The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX1 will be available in black and silver bodies in mid-December and in the following kit options: DMC-GX1-X with the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S (H-PS14042) lens will have a suggested retail price (SRP) of $949.99; the DMC-GX1-K with the 14-42 standard zoom for an SRP of $799.99; and the DMC-GX1, body only for an SRP of $699.99. "

Proper pre-release testing would have identified the issue - and let them drop that particular package... the GX1 was OK once I went out and bought other lenses, and the 14/42PZ worked well enough on soft-shuttered cameras... but as a kit they made a treacherous combination.

Peter

Isola Verde's gear list:Isola Verde's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow