I have R5 pre-order - worried about no real reviews reasons?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JustahobbyKev Junior Member • Posts: 30
I have R5 pre-order - worried about no real reviews reasons?

I'm just a hobbyist who had a Canon 1Ds and can remember the amazing pictures (11mp) and the sheer quality of its build (and still have a 28-300 EF stored away somewhere) and as a tech geek I love the idea of capturing the most detail possible, even if its just family holidays etc, to me those memories are priceless.

So, I've been following the drawn out process of the Canon R5 camera launch, and like most people thinking the specs sound amazing.

I've now pre-ordered, hoping for the end of August, however I cannot say I'm blown away by the initial footage (allowing for the usual compression etc of YouTube).

Putting aside the overheating restrictions what really worries me is that Canon are not allowing independent reviews yet.. even though we are only weeks from release. I see even photos had to be scaled down before publishing, the "its only beta software" excuse can only go so far..

I just want to be sure it really does deliver, for example no point in having 8K with an anti aliasing filter that softens it to the same level of detail as 4K! (just a random example of a possible issue)

Is this normal for a Canon launch?

If the real performance really is as amazing as the specs read then surely Canon would get it out to reviewers quickly. Are there any rumours of reviewers getting these earlier that the 30th July release date?

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow